Section 1. Personal Information
“Personal Information” shall refer to “Personal Information” as used in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, which is information about a living individual that can be used to identify that specific individual due to its inclusion of a name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information or other such information, and information that can be used to identify that specific individual by such information alone, including but not limited to data related to appearance, fingerprints, voice print, and insurer number on a health insurance card (personal identification information).
Section 2. Method of Collection of Personal Information
The Company may ask for a user’s Personal Information such as his/her name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, and credit card number when such user signs up for the Services. The Company may further collect information about transaction and payment history between a user and the Company’s business partners (including information providers, advertisers, ad distributors, etc.; “Business Partners”), which may contain the said user’s Personal Information, from such Business Partners.
Section 3. Purposes of Use of Collection/Use of Personal Information
The purposes of the Company’s collection and use of Personal Information shall be as follows:
- to provide and operate the Company’s services;
- to respond to inquiries from users (including identity confirmation);
- to send informative emails about new functions, updates, campaigns, etc. for the service used by each user and other services provided by the Company;
- to send maintenance information, important notification, etc. as necessary;
- to allow a user to view, modify or delete his/her registered information and view his/her service usage status;
- to invoice users for the fee-based services; or any other purpose incidental to the purposes of use as set forth above.
Section 4. Change of Purposes of Use
- The Company shall change the purposes of use of Personal Information only if the post-change purposes of use are reasonably deemed relevant to the pre-change purposes of use.
- If the Company changes the purposes of use, it shall inform users of the purposes of use so changed by means designated by the Company or announce the same on this website.
Section 5. Third-Party Provision of Personal Information
- The Company will not provide Personal Information of any user to a third party without prior consent of such user except for the cases as listed below. However, this shall exclude the cases permitted by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations.
- cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body or fortune, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned;
- cases in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote fostering healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned;
- cases in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining the consent of the individual concerned would interfere with the performance of the said affairs;
- cases in which the Company has previously announced or published the following matters and filed a notification thereof with the Personal Information Protection Commission:
- the inclusion of the third-party provision in the purposes of use;
- the categories of data to be provided to a third party;
- the form or method of the third-party provision;
- cessation of the third-party provision of Personal Information as requested by the individual concerned; or
- the method of receiving a request from the individual concerned.
- Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding paragraph，the recipient of the relevant information shall not constitute a third party in the cases where:
- the Company outsources the whole or part of the handling of Personal Information to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use;
- Personal Information is provided in connection with the Company’s business succession due to a merger or any other reason;
- Personal Information is utilized jointly with a specified person, and when the Company has previously notified the individual concerned of or put into a state where the individual concerned can easily know that effect as well as the categories of the jointly utilized Personal Information, the scope of a jointly utilizing person, the purposes of use of the utilizing person and the name or appellation of a person responsible for controlling the said Personal Information.
Section 6. Disclosure of Personal Information
- The Company will disclose Personal Information to the individual concerned without delay if so requested by him/her. However, the Company may not disclose all or part of the requested information if such disclosure may result in any of the following cases, and notify the individual concerned without delay if it has decided not to disclose such information. The Company will charge the individual who requests disclosure of his/her Personal Information a fee of one thousand (1,000) yen per case.
- cases in which there is a possibility of harming the individual concerned or a third party’s life, body, fortune or other rights and interests;
- cases in which there is a possibility of interfering seriously with the Company implementing its business properly;
- cases of otherwise violating laws or regulations; or
- cases in which the requested information cannot be delivered to the individual concerned due to his/her contact information that is unclear or incomplete.
- Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding paragraph，the Company will generally not disclose any information other than Personal Information such as history logs and attribution information.
Section 7. Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- A user may request that the Company correct, add or delete his/her Personal Information held by the Company (“Correction, etc.”) through the procedures prescribed by the Company if such information is found to be incorrect.
- If the Company determines that it is necessary to accept such request made by a user under the preceding paragraph, it shall make a Correction, etc. of such Personal Information without delay.
- If the Company has made a Correction, etc. or decided not to make a Correction, etc. pursuant to the provision of the preceding paragraph, it shall notify the user of such effect without delay.
Section 8. Cessation, etc. of Use of Personal Information
- If the Company receives from the individual concerned a request for the cessation of use or deletion of his/her Personal Information (“Cessation of Use, etc.”) on the grounds that such information is being handled beyond the scope of the purposes of use or that such information has been acquired by any unlawful means, it shall conduct any necessary investigation without delay.
- If the Company determines that it is necessary to accept such request based on the result of the investigation under the preceding paragraph, it shall effect the Cessation of Use, etc. of such Personal Information without delay.
- If the Company has effected the Cessation of Use, etc. or decided not to effect the Cessation of Use, etc. pursuant to the provision of the preceding paragraph, it shall notify the user of such effect without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs，if it will require a significant cost to effect the Cessation of Use, etc. or is otherwise deemed difficult to effect the Cessation of Use, etc., the Company shall take any alternative measure necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user to the extent that such measure is available.
- The Company reserves the right to amend the content of this Policy without notice to users except for the matters provided for by laws and regulations or elsewhere in this Policy.
Section 10. Contact Us
If you have any question about this Policy, please contact us via the following channel:
Address: 9F, 3-13 Suehiro-cho, Kita-ku, Osaka-City, Osaka
Company name: Rejuvenation Inc.
Department: General Affairs