Section 1. Application
- These Terms shall apply to any relationship between a User and the Company in relation to such User’s use of the Services.
- The Company may stipulate various terms for the Services such as rules on use (“Separate Terms”) in addition to these Terms. Those Separate Terms, regardless of what they are called, shall constitute part of these Terms.
- In the event that any provision of these Terms conflicts with that of the Separate Terms as mentioned in the preceding Section, the provision of the Separate Terms shall prevail unless otherwise specifically provided for in the Separate Terms.
Section 2. Sign-up
- Sign-up for the Services shall be completed when the Company approves a sign-up request made by a person who wishes to sign up for the Services by means specified by the Company after agreeing to these Terms.
- The Company may not approve a sign-up request if it finds that any of the following grounds apply to the sign-up requestor and shall not be required to disclose any reason for such non-approval.
- the requestor submits any false information with the sign-up request;
- the sign-up request is made by any person who has ever violated these Terms; or
- the Company otherwise determines that such person’s sign-up for the Services is inappropriate.
Section 3. Service Fee and Payment Method
Each User shall pay the service fee as separately specified by the Company and posted on this website for any fee-based portion of the Services by means specified by the Company. If paid on a COD basis, the payment due date shall be the date on which the delivery is made by the shipping company. If paid by credit card, the fees will be debited from the account designated by the cardholder on the date of money transfer specified in the terms and conditions for the cardholders of the relevant credit card company.
Section 4. Prohibitions
Users shall not commit any of the following acts when using the Services:
- any act that violates any law, regulation or public policy;
- any act that involves any criminal act;
- any act that infringes any copyright, trademark right or other intellectual property right contained in the Services including the content of the Services;
- any act that damages or interferes with any function of the server or network of the Company, any other User or third party;
- any act that commercially exploits any information obtained through the Services;
- any act that is likely to interfere with the operation of the Company’s services;
- any act that unlawfully accesses or attempts to access the Services;
- any act that collects or accumulates personal information or other data about any other User;
- any act that exploits the Services for any improper purpose;
- any act that causes any disadvantage, damage or discomfort to any other User of the Services or third party;
- any act that impersonates any other User;
- any promotional, advertisement, solicitation or business activity in the Services that is not authorized by the Company;
- any act that directly or indirectly provides any benefit to antisocial forces in relation to the Company’s services; or
- any act that the Company otherwise deems inappropriate.
Section 5. Discontinuation, etc. of Provision of Services
- The Company may discontinue or suspend the provision of all or part of the Services without prior notice to Users if it finds that any of the following grounds apply:
- performance of maintenance work or renewal of a computer system related to the Services;
- difficulty in providing the Services due to force majeure such as an earthquake, lightning strike, fire, power outage or natural disaster;
- accidental shut-down of a computer or communication line; or
- any other situation where the Company finds it difficult to provide the Services.
- The Company shall not be liable for any disadvantage or damage incurred by a User or third party due to any discontinuation or suspension of the provision of the Services.
Section 6. Restriction on Use and Cancellation of Registration
- In the event that a User falls under any of the following grounds, the Company may, without prior notice, restrict the User from using all or part of the Services or cancel the user registration of such User:
- the User violates any provision of these Terms;
- the User’s registered information is found to be false;
- the User fails to perform his/her obligation to pay the fee or other money;
- the User fails to respond to the Company’s notification for a certain period;
- the User’s account for the Services has been inactive for a certain period from his/her last use of the Services; or
- the Company otherwise finds that the User’s use of the Services is inappropriate.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage incurred by a User or third party due to any action taken by the Company pursuant to this Section.
Section 7. No-Warranty and Disclaimer
- The Company does not warrant that the Services are free from any defect in fact or law (including any defect in the safety, reliability, accuracy, integrity, effectiveness, fitness for a particular purpose, security, or any error, bug, infringement of a third party’s right, etc.) either expressly or implicitly.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage incurred by a User due to his/her use of the Services; provided, however, that this disclaimer clause shall not apply if the contract for the Services (including these Terms) between the Company and a User falls under a consumer contract as prescribed in the Consumer Contract Act.
- Even in the case as set forth in the proviso to the preceding paragraph, the Company shall not be liable for any damage incurred by a User as a result of any default or tort of negligence (excluding gross negligence) by the Company to the extent that such damage is caused under any special circumstances (including the cases where the Company or the User foresaw or could have foreseen the occurrence of such damage). The maximum amount of the Company’s liability for any damage incurred by a User as a result of any default or tort of negligence (excluding gross negligence) by the Company shall not exceed the amount of the service fee received by the Company from the User in the month in which such damage occurred.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any transaction, communication, dispute or other interaction between a User and another User or a third party arising in connection with the Services.
Section 8. Change to Service Content, etc.
The Company may make changes to the content of the Services or discontinue the provision of the Services without notice to Users and shall not be liable for any damage incurred by a User as a result of such change or discontinuation.
The Company reserves the right to at any time amend these Terms without notice to Users if it deems it necessary. If a User starts using the Services after any amendment to these Terms is made, the User shall be deemed to have agreed to the Terms so amended.
Section 10. Handling of Personal Information
Section 11. Notice or Communication
Any notice or communication between a User and the Company shall be made by means specified by the Company. The Company will make any notice or communication using the contact information of a User currently registered with the Company deeming that such information is valid unless the User has notified the Company of any change thereto in the form otherwise specified by the Company, and any such notice or communication shall be deemed to have been delivered to the User upon transmission.
Section 12. No Assignment of Rights/Obligations
No User may assign or provide as collateral to a third party his/her status under the relevant service contract or any of his/her rights or obligations under these Terms without prior written consent of the Company.
Section 13. Governing Law/Jurisdiction
- The interpretation of these Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- Any dispute that may arise in relation to the Services shall be submitted to the agreed exclusive jurisdiction of the court that governs the location of the head office of the Company.